Massaman Curried Chicken


Looking for a non spicy Thai curry? Then you will like this yummy chicken massaman curry made with the left over BBQ Chicken which we had picked up the day before. Keeping a jar of the various curry pastes is a quick & fabulous way to add variety to your cooking. Here's my simple but tasty recipe:

MASSAMAN CURRY CHICKEN (serves 2 generously)

 

2 chicken breast (or some left over BBQ chicken)
2 potatoes
1 sweet potatoes
1 carrot
1 onion
1 Tablespoon oil with a dash of sesame oil
1 ½ jar (200g) of Massaman curry paste
1 can coconut milk (or coconut cream)
½ cup chicken stock (or ¼ teaspoon stock powder with ½ cup water)
salt and pepper to taste

 

Method

  1. Fry chicken if not using BBQ about 2 minutes each side in a dash of hot oil. Set aside.
  2. In the hot oil, brown the white potatoes about 5 minutes the add the sweet potatoes and continuing browning for another 5 minutes.
  3. Remove potatoes and set aside. Saute the onions adding more oil if necessary until they are just starting to brown. Lower the heat and add the curry past with the coconut milk and cook for 5 minutes.
  4. Add all the rest of the ingredients and cook for about 15-20 minutes. (if using your Dream pot then now is when you pop it in and let it finish cooking for about an hour – just perfect for cooking whilst you have happy hour).
  5. Taste and adjust your seasonings. 
  6. Serve with steamed greens such as peas, broccolini and pak choy.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle. I'll try your massaman curry this week. Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you will enjoy it. Robyn will love it too without the chicken. Just add more veges!

      Delete
  2. Looks greàt Michelle. One for the dreampot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You certainly could use this in the dreampot but it is so relatively quick to cook, you don't need to unless you know you are going to be too tired or busy to cook later when you need the food!
      Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks good...I am going to have to try it for my family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good. With the abundance of curry pastes available now it is easy to alter the flavours and thus make it more interesting most nights. Tonight, Rob is making Butter Chicken. :)

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for information about this technique! My first time using my indoor grill and the chicken turned out fantastic!! Your instructions were easy to follow and yielded results even better than what I had hoped for. I look forward to delving deeper into your blog and learning even more. Thanks again:) Techlazy.com Crazyask.com Howmate.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for trying the recipe. I am glad you were adventurous and tried a new technique and that it worked for you.

      Delete
  6. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your recipe appears to be delicious. Thank you for providing all of the recipe's information in detail. For me, the Chicken Massaman Curry recipe always the best recipe compared to other recipes. I attempted to cook Watcharee's Thai massaman chicken curry for the first time and it turned out great. Then I began to prepare it on a regular basis. Your recipe also appeals to me and I will try it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks awesome! Glad to hear it was good with beef too, as that is what I am more likely to have on hand.
    Joseph Donahue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Michelle