Mareeba Bush Stay

Though it wasn't far from Rocky Creek, we decided to go to Mareeba Bush Stay as we had some friends staying there and we wanted to join up with them prior to the Christmas in July Rally.


There plenty of other Highway Wanderers  (our CMCA mobile chapter) around for company anytime as well as other campers. As it turns out our nearest camping neighbour comes from a neighbouring suburb, Dapto, which is just about 15km from our home. Small world.


Rob caught us a fine catch of red claw yabbies here thanks to some instruction and advice from Wil.


Best catch ever for us. 26 of them. We made a fine meal of them: Creamy Garlic Yabbies. Recipe at the end of this post. I was so hoping for another good catch before we left, but it was not to be.


Creamy Garlic Prawns Recipe

30 or so fresh yabbies: cooked and peeled
1 tablespoon butter
2 cloves of garlic

1 1/2 tablespoon white wine


1 tablespoon plain flour
1/2 teaspoon mustard
1 cup liquid chicken stock
pepper to taste (I doubt you will need salt)
1/2 cup cream
water as required.

Heat butter and garlic in butter. Add flour and stir until combined & smooth, then remove from heat
Gradually add just a little of the stock at a time, until combined and lump free. 
Add the mustard and wine. Return to heat and stir continuously until it thickens and boils. Add pepper . Add yabbies and cream. Heat just long enough to make yabbies warm. Do NOT overcook.
Serve on a bed of rice. 

Yummo!  By the way, the recipe works just as well for prawns instead of yabbies.

3 comments:

  1. We loved Mareeba too. We stayed at Tinaroo Dam. We were in a tent and had a bit of rain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to try Mareeba Bush Camp next time you are in the area. I am reasonably sure you can take your dogs in as it is privately owned.

      Delete
  2. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Michelle