Christmas In July CMCA Rally, Mareeba

 Rob & I have have gone to the Dam Fine Rally in Townsville and now the Christmas in July one at Mareeba even though we didn't really appreciate our first CMCA rally.

Happy Hour at the Wanderer's 'site' That's our motorhome centre back!

Because we came in with Leigh & Wil and a few others from the Mareeba Bush Stays,  we were able to camp adjacent to them in a general area that had quite a few Highway Wanderers. This made it easy to join in the general friendliness of our neighbouring Highway Wanderers. We had to be careful not to forget to talk to people not in the HW so that we don't come across as being exclusive or cliquey.  I am not game to mention many in case I forget someone, but I do want to especially mention Chris who shared a stall with me at Market Day.

The rally flowed rather well.  I am still amazed that with the 300 or so RVs on site,  and many of these making use of the free hot water showers, that they never ran of of hot water, ever. I didn't hear of one incidence. Amazing! The volunteers also did a  great job keep the toilet blocks and the grounds lovely and clean.

Light entertainment, disc bowls, morning teas, happy hours were held as normal. There was a Christmas craft table running with felt poinsettias and pine cone crafts being the main craft being taught. There was supposed to be a craft/sewing table set aside, but I turned up and the appointed 'starting' time and no one came and so I joined the Christmas table. I tried again the next day but it took a couple of hours before 2 ladies turned up. I didn't try anymore after that. I am happy to craft on my own.


One of our row of tables at the Christmas dinner. Rob is there centre left.

Christmas in July Dinner

Leigh did a great job co-ordinating the table decorations for the Highway Wanderers even though there weren't prizes for the best looking tables, I am sure we would have won if there was.

Dinner was plentiful
There was however a competition for the best head dress/hat for the night. It was fun to join in this. I didn't win with my snowman hat, but the fella that did win did a fabulous job with his hat which was a wine bottle and wine glasses around the brim all done up with tinsel.

Leslie wearing my hat and I wearing someone else's hat hamming it up.
 
The winning hat!
There was a lot of fun generated at our tables and then later on a band with dance music.

Dancing on the lawn

Market Day

A beautiful Sunday here got off to a fabulous start with a rousing church service. I then set up a table at the markets run here at the Christmas in July CMCA rally at Mareeba. I got to have my 2nd ever doll stall and sold a few dolls and dogs as  well ashave the opportunity to talk about the cahrity, Without a Ribbon and rare cancers. There was a demonstration of  whip cracking  which was just specatular. I also enjoyed looking at the other handcrafts on display and for sale as well as sampling some of the food stalls.

My small market table together with my hat which I wore most of the day!

All in all,  we had a relaxing time chatting to friends and crafting. I basically accept that I can not join in a lot of the activities due to my deafness, which is a bit sad, but a fact of life. Still joining in with friends certainly makes up for it. We had a ball.

We have really enjoyed our time at the Christmas in July rally held at Mareeba.
Now it is time to move on again.

1 comment:

  1. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Michelle