Wonderful Children of today

Children are one of the greatest gifts in life. We need to do what we can to encourage them and build their self-esteem. I love hearing stories of hope and inspiration of our young kids & youth.
Frequently in today's society we hear lots of negatives about the children of today. Well just recently I have been impressed with comments made about 2 children whom I know personally. I was so touched by them that I knew I wanted to share it with my readers here.

Photo: Gilzee/Flickr

The first is of a young boy, maybe 7 years old who regularly writes to the prayer team in our church, to encourage them to pray for someone that he knows or has heard about. It is nearly always a prayer for some other person, rarely ever for himself or his family. (I don't know any other detail of his prayers as they are always private and confidential). I only know this much because I noticed that one of the ladies was posting him a card of some sort that she has me to put in the post since I was going that way anyway. I noticed recognized the name and made a comment to her. She mentioned that this child writes in regularly and that always his prayers are for others! I found that both encouraging and remarkable for such a young child.

The 2nd is a child who is about to celebrate his 10th birthday. Instead of birthday gifts, he asked for donations to the group My charity water, specifically for water for an under privileged village when  he found out that many people didn't have access to clean, safe water.

Photo: Cherry Mortgages


We hear so many negatives in the media and such. So it is fantastic to hear the opposite is true many, many times. So let's publish and gossip great stories such as these, that encourage and inspire all of us!

These kids have made an impressive mark on me. When we can see the development of such characters we should encourage and applaud them and their actions.

It can only take one person to make a difference in this world and that can be a wonderful child too! I see much hope in the future when I hear of such children as these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Michelle