Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe

Here is my Chicken Soup recipe for the very first thing I cooked in my new Dream Pot. Just 10 minutes boiling the ingredients on the hotplate then popping it in the insulating chamber and leaving it for 6 - 8 hours and Bob's your uncle - well he is my hubby at least! :)



CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP

2 Chicken legs (raw)
6 teaspoon chicken stock powder
1 Tablespoon Vegata (vegetable stock powder)
1 onions chopped fine
I celery stick chopped fine
Large pinch of mixed herbs
1 carrot grated
1 packet chicken noodle soup mix
1 cup of angel hair noodles

Method

Place all, except the noodles & pkt soup mix, in large inner pot, fill to within 5cm (2 .5 inches) of the top of the pot with hot water. (Reduce liquid to stop 9cm (3 inches) from the top if you want to use the smaller pot at the same time.)
Bring to boil and then lower heat to simmer gently for 10 minutes with lid on.
Add noodles and pkt soup.
Transfer pot into insulating chamber for minimum 3 hours, preferably 6-8 hours.
Remove chicken legs and all bones (they may so tender that they fall apart.
Cut up meat small and return meat to soup.
Serve whilst hot.
Store leftovers in fridge or freezer.

Hints

  1. As we are dieting, we didn't add any extra noodles other than what came in the packet soup mix, this time (a bird's nest of noodles is good for those who don't want to guess quantities). 
  2. Also I have been known to use dried onions if I am low on them, I tend to add more dried onions - that 1 heaped tablespoon per onion as substitute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Michelle