Salmon & Pea Frittata

Salmon and pea frittata



I just love it when I can find an easy to cook and tasty dinner any time. The fact that this one comes almost out of the pantry with no ingredients needing refrigeration is a bonus. I actually invented this recipe. Believe me this is not a frequent occurrence at all. I might tweak a recipe but this one was tweaked so much I think I can actually claim it is an original.
I nearly forgot to take a photo of the frittata, that's why half of it is gone already! Yummy!

So here it is

Salmon and pea frittata

Ingredients
1 small onion - chopped finely
1 Tablespoon margarine or butter
100g tinned capsicum - drained
200g tinned peas and corn - drained
180g tinned Pink Salmon - drained
4 eggs
200g long life (UHT) cream
1 teaspoon mustard (I used Australian Mustard)
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese (the shelf packet type - not the fresh one)

Method
Gently fry the onion in the margarine in a cast iron frypan.
Add the capsicum and peas/corn as soon as the onion is soft
Stir well and then add the salmon.
Disperse the ingredients over the base of the cast iron frypan as evenly as possible.
Whilst gently frying, whisk the eggs, cream and mustard and then pour over the salmon.
Gently fry the frittata on medium heat with a lid on until the bottom starts to brown. - I don't have a lid so I invert a plate over the pan.
When the top is just about set, then flip the frittata by placing a large plate upside down over the pan. Turn it over, plate and all and the slip the frittata back into the frypan, so that the cooked side it facing up and the uncooked side gets heated up. Cook another 2 minutes.
Occasionally it may break up, but don't let that spoil your appetite. It is still yummy!
Serve with fresh salad ingredients if you have any.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds good, leftovers would be good cold for lunch if there are any. When do you actually add the cheese? TO the egg and cream mixture?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Michelle